Monday, August 1st: 5th-6th Grade Flagship Family Kickoff Event (5:30-7:30) – See Campus Announcements
Tuesday, August 2nd: 7th-8th Grade Flagship Family Kickoff Event (5:30-7:30) – See Campus Announcements
Monday, August 8th: First Day of School
Family Kickoff Events this Week
- Monday, August 1st: Family Kickoff Event for 5th-6th grade families. This event is for all 5th-6th grade families to learn important information for the year and to meet all their scholars teachers. This event starts at 5:30!
- Tuesday, August 2nd: Family Kickoff Event for 7th-8th grade families. This event is for all 7th-8th grade families to learn important information for the year and to meet all their scholars teachers. This event also starts at 5:30!
Building Update from Flagship
- We unfortunately had an act of vandalism occur at Flagship on May 28th in which one of our classroom windows was broken.
- The vandals do not attend Valor and we’re apprehended within a few days after the incident.
- Where the window was broken, we have plywood placed over the opening to secure the space.
- The window is a custom window and replacement frame and glass have taken a long time to secure. We expect the window to be replaced in September.
Communication & Important Dates This Summer
You should expect to receive two important digital communication updates this summer in which we will funnel all-important communication into these. These communication dates and other important events are listed below:
- Tuesday, July 19th: community agreements for 22.23 are sent
- Sunday, July 24th: first principal update of 22.23
- Monday, August 1st – Thursday, August 4th: MS Family Kickoff Events
- Monday, August 8th: First day of school for all MS students
You can find versions of our 22-23 calendars below:
2022-2023 Meal Plan
As most of you are already aware, the statewide “all students eat free” program has officially ended. As a result Valor will be moving back to paid meals this year for those who don’t qualify for free or reduced meals. We are aware that MNPS will be using federal funding to support free meals for one more year, however, we are not covered under MNPS for this funding. We ask that everyone complete the FRL application that was included in the family community agreement. If you have any questions regarding the meal policy, please email email@example.com. Thank you.
In this landing page here, you can find the syllabi for all middle school courses for the coming school year. You can learn more about each course and meet teachers at this week’s family kickoff events.
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT/VFG (VALOR FAMILY GROUP) ANNOUNCEMENTS:
FACE: FINE ARTS, CLUBS & ENRICHMENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS:
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMMING STARTS MONDAY AUGUST 29TH!
Registration for the 2022 Fall after-school Fine Arts, Clubs, & Enrichment (FACE) programming is now open!
High school students have been emailed the link to sign up for programs. Program leaders will reach out to parents and students to collect more information, or to accept scholars into their program. Scholarships are available for families demonstrating financial hardships.
Limited Availability of Scholarships
FACE believes in providing every scholar with the experiences and adventure our after school programming offers, so we have made available a limited number of scholarships to cover programming fees. To apply for a scholarship, please fill out our Scholarship Request Form.
After-School Program Manager
Our recently hired after school programs manager has resigned to take on a director’s position with another organization. Though this comes as a bit of a surprise, we do wish her the best in her new endeavor.
What does this mean for after school programming?
While we repost the role and explore new candidates, we will be working diligently to ensure that there is no gap in programming roll out. Fortunately, FACE has strong systems in place specifically for program roll out and we do not foresee any hitches in launching this year’s lineup of programs.