August 9th – First day of school
8th-Grade Field Trip
We are happy to announce that we plan to continue the Valor tradition of taking the 8th-grade scholars to Washington, D.C, in the 2021-22 school year. We will leave for Washington, D.C, on Friday, May 20, 2022, and return Tuesday, May 24, 2022. For more information, please click here.
Back to School COVID Safety Measures Family Town Hall
Thank you again to all the families who attended the Town Hall regarding the COVID safety measures we are taking for our Valor Community. As we continue to navigate these unusual circumstances, we deeply appreciate your investment in your child’s education!
Updates to Mask Policy
Given CDC recommendations and the current rise of the Delta variant, we will start the school year with universal masking for everyone. In addition to careful consideration of many different data points and guidance, our commitment to keep ourselves and others safe and our annual priority of “Tend the Roots” (namely our ‘Every Student. Every Day attendance focus) brought us to a clear decision that this is the safest way to create a learning environment for as many students and teachers as possible.
We’ll continue to evaluate the need and emerging information about the Delta variant and will communicate again the week of September 6th.
Below is the recording of the Town Hall in English and Spanish. If you were unable to attend, please watch for more information!
- Additionally, questions that were submitted by families have been answered in this Q&A document.
Family Engagement Events this Summer
New to Valor families: if you missed our Introduction to Flagship and Voyager for New to Valor Families, we wanted to share the slide decks for this summer. You can see it here.
Family Kickoff Event: If you missed our event on Saturday for all families, you can review the slides here to meet your scholars teachers.
We’ve loved getting to meet new families and see so many returners over the summer. We hope our events made families feel prepared for the school year.
Arrival and Dismissal
As we get started tomorrow, we ask for families patience as we return to having all scholars back onsite. We expect dismissal to take a bit longer. A couple of key notes:
- Dismissal starts at 3:46 in our MSs on Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, dismissal starts at 1:42.
- It is really important your scholar knows how they are getting home everyday. You can see an image below. The options are:
- Bus: Only scholars with an assigned bus seat.
- Carpool Circle: Recommended for families or carpools with scholars at multiple schools.
- Traffic Circle: Recommended for families with scholars at just Flagship.
- If using the Flagship traffic circle, we recommend the following two steps:
- If you are on Nolensville Pike and entering Flagship on Bass Avenue by taking a left, we recommend driving past Valor and turning around so you can enter the traffic circle with a right turn. The left turn lane gets backed up easily as families coming the other direction block the entrance.
- If you are waiting on Nolensville, you can pull into the right hand shoulder. If you see this backup, it’s likely the line to enter Flagship. Please be mindful of not blocking any of the businesses on Nolensville as you wait to enter Flagship.
Thank you for your patience as we all get the hang of our dismissal routines!
FAC (FAMILY ADVISORY COUNCIL) ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Hiring Family Engagement Assistant for Latino & MENA Families
As we launch the new school year, we are excited to hire two passionate Family Engagement Assistants to each support, empower, and engage Latino and MENA families at Valor! This role is responsible for supporting campus family activities and family engagement initiatives to ensure inclusion of Valor’s diverse families. A current Valor community member would be ideal for this role! If interested, please apply online to be considered.
Interested in playing Fall Sports?
If you are interested in playing middle school early fall sports this school year(Cross-Country, Volleyball) or being a team manager? please refer to this announcement for more information!
FACE: FINE ARTS, CLUBS & ENRICHMENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS:
We are delighted to announce that registration for the 2021 Fall after-school Fine Arts, Clubs, & Enrichment (FACE) programming is now open! CLICK HERE TO SIGN YOUR SCHOLAR(S) UP TODAY!
High school students have been emailed the link to sign up for programs. Program leaders will reach out to parents and students to collect more information, or to accept scholars into their program. All after-school FACE programs will meet in-person until further notice. Scholarships are available for families demonstrating financial hardships.
VEX ROBOTICS NEEDS YOU!
You do not need to have engineering, technical expertise, or just a desire to help scholars learn and a 2-4 hours/week time commitment? The after-school VEX Robotics enrichment program needs you! The program is entirely staffed and coordinated with adult volunteers who coach and organize a team of 4-5 students. We will provide training for coaches and other volunteers. Sign up today here! Click the link to read the volunteer FAQ sheet.
SIGN UP FOR THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB
Please fill out the form linked here to secure your scholar’s spot in the amazing after-school program, The Boys and Girls Club. In person sign up is required as well! Email email@example.com with any questions.